Danielle DeLucy, MS, is owner of ASA Training and Consulting, LLC which provides Pharmaceutical and Biologics based companies with training and quality systems assistance in order to meet Regulatory compliance. Prior to this role, Danielle has been in the industry for 15 years serving in numerous Quality Management Roles, suc Read more
This webinar will summarize the Sunshine Act or Open Payments Program requirements and provide practical solutions to most common situations that are prevalent and necessary between sponsors and investigators.
The Sunshine Act or Open Payments Program requires manufacturers of drugs, medical devices, and biologics that participate in U.S. federal health care programs to report certain clinical investigator payments and items of value given to physicians and teaching hospitals. This Act was part of a healthcare reform bill adopted in March 2010. It came about due to requests for increased transparency about the financial relationships between physicians and industry.
Why Should You Attend:
The Sunshine Act exposes the physicians and sponsors to new clinical trial reporting requirements and detail non-compliance to which would lead to hefty fines. Templates for reporting format, exemptions to reporting requirements, and timelines for compliance and enforcement will be discussed.
Life science companies face the challenge of implementing the detailed reporting required by the Act as healthcare providers determine how to use their own data to anticipate public reporting of payments by life science companies to physicians and teaching hospitals.
This webinar will examine the implications of the Sunshine Act for healthcare providers and life science companies, and discuss practical steps they can take to implement the Act and prepare for transparency.
• Purpose of the Sunshine Act
• Who is required to report under the Sunshine Act?
• What is reported?
• Useful links
What You Get:
• Training Materials
• Live Q&A Session with our Expert
• Participation Certificate
• Access to Signup Community (Optional)
• Reward Points
Who Will Benefit:
• Manufacturers of FDA regulated products: Drug, Medical Device and Biotech Companies
• Clinical Trial Professionals such as Project Managers, CRAs, Medical Writers
• Senior Management for Companies developing new products for US market
• Regulatory Affairs Professionals
• People investing in FDA-regulated products intended for the US market